Skip to main content

Still Plodding Along

Project Updates:

-- No progress to report on the "Gypsying" (African Flower/Paperweight Granny motif) afghan.

-- No progress to report on the novelty yarn stash-buster afghan.

-- No progress to report on the two long-term secret projects.


What I have been working on is Multnomah, but good grief!  For what looks like such a simple project, I've had a fair bit of trouble making this thing.

I finally got to the point where I was ready to do the "lace set-up" rows.  Thank goodness I had the forethought to put in a lifeline at the end of the garter stitch section, because (sure enough) I dropped a stitch (or two) in the fourth row, couldn't figure out how to fix it/tried and failed to fix it/went into freak-out mode... and ended up ripping it back to the lifeline.  Of course, the second time through, I would make a mistake and have to tink back almost half a row to fix it.  (Ugh. I am so sick of ripping and tinking in this project.  I want to make PROGRESS on this thing!!)

Anyway, now I'm finally into the lace-knitting rows.  (Well, one row into it, but that still counts. (g))  I probably ought to put in another lifeline at some point... I don't enjoy putting it lifelines, but they do give you some peace of mind!