Skip to main content

Day 18 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 18:  Do you knit English or Continental?

Knitting:
Continental.  I chose to learn that method because I already knew how to crochet, so I was comfortable holding the yarn in my left hand.  I don't think I'm a very fast knitter, so I'm sure my technique could be improved. 

I haven't spent a lot of time purling, so far, but when I do purl I think I'm using the plain old Continental method for purling-- but I've watched a few videos about "combined" knitting, and if I had to purl a ton, I might give that a try.  (So far, purling hasn't seemed that bad to me-- but that might change if I end up needing to purl long, uninterrupted rows.)


Crochet:
The crochet version of this question would probably be something about whether you hold your crochet hook like a pencil or a knife.

I am definitely a knife-style crocheter.  It never occurred to me to hold the hook any other way, and when I try to hold it like a pencil, now, it just feels wrong. (g)