Skip to main content

Day 28 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 28:  Do you do any other crafts besides knitting?  What are they, and did learning to knit come before or after learning these other crafts?

Oh, yes, I've been interested in several crafts before I learned to knit (which is my most recently picked-up crafty hobby).

I've been crocheting a while (see an earlier entry in this meme for the complicated answer to "how long?" (g)), and before that, I used flat and circular knitting looms.  I've still held onto the knitting looms in case they come in handy sometime down the road, but I don't see myself using them again.  It's much easier and more interesting to crochet or knit traditionally, now that I know how.

In addition to the yarn-based crafts, I've done some (non-precious materials) jewelry-making, rag quilting, scrapbooking (which I guess counts as a craft...), and sewing with felt...  And I've spent a lot of time crafting with polymer clay, too.  I mean to get back into polymer clay, eventually, but it's been a while since I last spent much time thinking about it.  (Not counting the time I made a few polymer-covered crochet hooks.)

Those are the crafts that come to mind, though I've dabbled in a few others-- such as stamp-carving.