Skip to main content

Day 15 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 15:  What was your least favorite pattern and why?

...Well, if I don't like the looks of a pattern, I'm not likely to try to crochet or knit it, so I'll assume this refers to a pattern being too difficult (for me at the time I tried to make it) or poorly written and not to how something looks.   But even with that distinction, I have a hard time thinking of what to say...

If you go back to Day 7 (regarding least favorite projects), that should give you as good an answer as anything I could come up with today.

One other thing comes to mind-- amigurumi in general.  I like parts of making amigurumi, but I'm not crazy about crocheting lots of tight sc, which is exactly what most amigurumi calls for, and neither do I particularly enjoy attaching all the arms, legs, and assorted other pieces to the body.  Then there's the face to embroider... And yet I still feel the occasional urge to make a little stuffed animal-- so I do. I've gotten a little better with practice, at least.

...Also, looking through my projects on Ravelry, I see another one I could list as a least favorite crochet project-- the Four Flowers Pillow.  I still like the motif (as others have worked it), but I just don't love the colors I chose, or the fact that the light-colored cushion shows through the dark "flowers" in the motifs... It still reminds me (a little) of something you'd see in a 70s horror movie. (g)  And yet a few people have favorited it!  Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks! ;o)   Maybe I'll put it in with the things I'm donating to charity...