Skip to main content

Day 6 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 6:  What is your favorite piece that you've knit?

Knitting:
Full disclosure: I'm terrible at choosing favorites-- or absolutes in general.  (So why do I still like memes, where you are always asked for your favorite/least favorite this or that?) Isn't it true of most of us that our favorite project is either whatever we're working on at the moment, or something that we recently finished?

Celtic Cable Neckwarmer


I feel proudest of my (fairly) recently completed cable project (Spanish Moss Celtic Cables)--  and I love the fact that I dyed the yarn myself, too!-- but I don't know if it's my favorite... I'm a little concerned that the yarn will feel itchy when I wear it on my neck.  Also, it wasn't at all easy for me to knit.  It required a lot of concentration, and I couldn't ever really lose myself in the knitting, like I could with the Chickadee Cowl or Wham Bam.  So... I'm not sure. (g)


Crochet:
I find it even more impossible (if one thing can be said to be "more impossible" than another!) to choose a favorite in crochet than in knitting, because I have so many more finished objects in crochet-- and I've loved a lot of them.

At the moment, I'm very fond of my Summer in Sweden Throw-- but again, I don't really have a single favorite project.  

Summer in Sweden Afghan