Skip to main content

Day 10 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 10:  Do you have a favorite pattern or designer?

I haven't been knitting long enough (or enough different patterns) to have a favorite designer, and for the most part, I haven't noticed myself returning repeatedly to the same crochet designers, either, though I'm sure there are some designers whose aesthetics mesh especially well with my own.

One exception is Patricia Kristoffersen, to whom I do frequently turn for patterns.  She's primarily a crochet doily designer.  Many of her designs incorporate special stitches that give her doilies a highly textural element.  (Some people call them "crusty" doilies.  (g) I prefer to say that they have raised stitchwork.)

As for a favorite pattern... That's generally whatever I happen to be working on at the moment, if it's going well; if it's going badly, of course, it might be my least favorite pattern ever.  ;o)

I do find myself strongly drawn to certain patterns, of course, but I don't think I could call any of them a favorite-- especially since they are usually patterns that I haven't worked yet.  (g)  But for curiosity's sake, here are several that I have repeatedly ogled (and haven't yet tried to make):

Seascape Stole
Bewitching
Canadian Thistles
Hemlock Ring Blanket
Early Spring Concerto Shawl
Vintage Collectible
Spectrum Afghan