Skip to main content

Day 8 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 8:  What's your most challenging project?

Knitting:
That I've ever done, or that I'm currently working on?  They must mean "most challenging ever"...

I guess it would probably be the same that I said made me most proud-- the Celtic Cables Neckwarmer-- though I've had a little trouble with my current knitting project, too.  That would be Multnomah, which I've had to rip out and restart.  It's kind of funny that I had problems with the easy part of Multnomah.  I hope it's not a sign of things to come in the lace section... 


Crochet:
My most challenging crochet project must be one of the doilies I've made-- but I have no idea which one.  I've definitely done my share of catching mistakes and ripping back row upon row of thread.  I've also not spotted errors until I was completely finished with a project.  (At that point, I'll usually just say, "Meh, whatever" and leave the mistake where it is.)

Thread can keep you on your toes, but I think it's worth the effort.  I'm always proud to have "conquered" another doily pattern. And when it's going well, it's actually kind of soothing, somehow.  (Maybe this is what some people mean when they talk about math being relaxing...  Personally, I hate almost all math, but maybe crocheting reasonably complicated doilies is "my" relaxing math.)

...I do remember having particular trouble with this Sunflower Bloom doily, for some reason. 

Lavender Sunflower Bloom


I'm not sure why, but I repeatedly made mistakes (in the same section, even) and had to rip back and re-do parts of it, and I remember being very frustrated. I don't think this pattern's intrinsically that challenging, though.