Skip to main content

Craft-Room Clean-Up... Again.

My craft room has long been in dire need of a clean-up.

Part of the problem is that there are things in there that really have no "home"-- no specific place they belong and could fairly easily be stowed away.  (So they end up sitting out in the middle of the floor or the edges of the room, until I get so used to them that I hardly even see them anymore.)

Then there are projects-in-progress or things that I'm sure I'll get to soon(er or later)-- like a couple of rag quilts... and a couple of partially crocheted afghans.  I don't have a good place to put them, so out they stay!

Also, now that my husband is using the craft room too (from time to time), his stuff is strewn over one of the tables.  I can hardly hint that he could be tidier with his hobby while there's a mountain of my own junk just two feet away.  (g)  

Anyway, I started doing a little cleaning and reorganizing today.  The thing is, I've done that before, but somehow it never seems to carry through into a truly organized finished product.  It's better-- even much better-- than when I start, but there are still those things that simply have nowhere to go.  I'll try to do better this time.  I'm throwing some things (junk) out, for a start, and I'm going to make sure I at least look at, touch, and move even the "nowhere to go" stuff.  If I have to think about each box, bag, or item, I'll be more likely to do something about it (I hope).

- - - - - - -

I think us crafty types tend to be hoarders (of at least a mild variety).  If nothing else, we usually accumulate a large supply of tools and supplies, and if you have more than one crafty hobby...

I didn't take any "before" photos-- didn't think about it.  Actually, it probably doesn't look like I've made much of dent in it, yet, because I've mostly focused on a closet full of shelves (and finding room for a lot of FREE FABRIC-- yay!-- that was previously waiting in another room)... so technically, I could probably still take a "before" photo or two... But I'm ashamed of the mess, so no, I probably won't.  (g)  We'll see...