Skip to main content

Can't Settle Down

I don't know what's going on with me lately, but I'm having a hard time settling down to one project at a time. 

A couple of weeks ago, I told myself I wanted to make an effort to finish Multnomah-- but instead of buckling down to that, I started two or three new projects.  I finished one of them-- a very small one (still secret-ish)-- and am within sight of finishing another medium-sized project (again, semi-secret)... But in the meantime, I've also begun crocheting a not-so-small doily (which I still have yet to photograph for an "in progress" shot).  As if that weren't enough of a distraction, today I started making "t-shirt yarn" for a dog-toy basket.  (Our Eskie has several toys, and they end up strewn all over the floor.  Maybe having a place where they're meant to be will help me keep most of them tidied away.  Fewer stumbling hazards would probably be a good idea.)

It's not that I don't like the projects I already have going.  I'm actually really excited about at least three of my current WIPs (one that's still active and a couple that are hibernating but on my mind), but I still feel that restlessness-- apparently, the kind that leads you to sit on the floor by your rag bag and cut two or three old t-shirts into long strips suitable for crocheting into dog-toy baskets. 

...I wonder how many t-shirts'-worth of yarn are needed for the size of basket I have in mind...  I think I need to cut up at least a few more before I can start.  (Fortunately, I've saved up quite a few old, un-donateable tees.)