Skip to main content

No FOs!

I still don't have any finished objects to show!

Excuses:
1.  Donald was sick with a cold most of the week before last.  It always throws things a little out of kilter when one of us is sick.

2.  Now that the cool weather is finally here (after cruelly teasing us, then deserting us again), we've been trying to get a few things done outdoors.  I've been pulling weeds.  (SO MANY WEEDS.  Piles and piles of them.  How did they grow so quickly?!)  Then over the weekend, we took out a rotted fence post and put down a new one, which involved clearing some overgrown grass and pulling/attaching the fencing material.  Also, we started work on the round "stone bed" over the septic tank.  Took out the stones (as many as possible), put down old asphalt shingles to serve as a barrier, and put the stones back on top.  (Lesson: Stones work their way into soil with alarming speed, without some type of barrier in place.  Or at least these did.)  We still need more stones to finish the job, but it's much better already.

- - - - - - -

A brief summary of WIPs:
--  The two-color doily.  There's been real progress on that one.  I'm nearing the second band of the accent color.  The only trouble is that I'm not positive that I have enough of the main color.  Thread always seems to last longer than you think it will, though.  If not, I'll probably add in a third color-- white-- and just make the most of the situation.

--  The Simply Soft hexagon scrap-buster.  Fun to crochet, less fun to weave the ends, but I'm caught up, now.  A photo next time?

--  The 2014 Mysteryghan.   I've actually finished that one-- all but the end-weaving.  I should be able to do that tonight, though, so maybe there'll be a photo session tomorrow.  It's not a breath-taking beauty, unfortunately, but at this point, I'm just happy that it's almost done. 

- - - - - - -

For a while, I was also pondering the possibility of casting on a pair of fingerless mitts.  I've never knitted mitts, gloves, or mittens before, but I've been meaning to give it a try.  I was comparing patterns for hours, dithering among three or four "finalists".  Then I decided which one to use-- and some distraction promptly appeared-- right on schedule-- so I haven't given it another thought since.  Maybe once I finish the Mysteryghan and the two-tone doily it'll be a good time to start something new.

I wonder if I'm up to the "two-at-a-time" technique..