Skip to main content

365 Days of Flowers, Continued

I'm still not quite caught up on this one-a-day crochet flower project.  I think I'm only four days behind, so it's possible to catch up in the next day or two.

I have so many flowers to show that I separated them into two groups.

First group:

365 Days of Flowers

365 Days of Flowers

Second group:

365 Days of Flowers

365 Days of Flowers

Stack of all the flowers so far:

365 Days of Flowers

And all of them spread out:

365 Days of Flowers

365 Days of Flowers

365 Days of Flowers

365 Days of Flowers


I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with them... The thought of joining them in a blanket is intimidating-- and exhausting-- but that's what I'm leaning towards, at the moment.  Nothing else I can think of seems quite as appealing or useful, given the material (acrylic yarn), gauge/scale (worsted/aran weight), and color combinations. 

I'm afraid my enthusiasm is already wearing thin.  It's not because making the flowers is dull--  I'm enjoying that part-- but rather because they're piling up so quickly, and I just can't feel confident in my ability to turn them all into something worthwhile. 

I'll carry on for at least a while longer, I guess.  I could join the first month or two into some sort of pillow cover(s), then choose new colors for the next month and make enough of them to cover a wreath (as I've seen someone else do with flowers in at least similar weight yarn)... And I could even convince myself to make a month or so in thread for a framed piece.  There are no rules, of course, and there's no reason they all have to match/coordinate or be used in the same finished project. 

Further updates will follow!