Skip to main content

Two More CAL Blocks

"It Had to Be You".

"It Had to Be You"

Another pretty block with an interesting diamond pattern of raised texture!

"It Had to Be You"

I appreciated the inclusion (in the designer's notes) of an alternative to the "stretched" dc in this pattern.  Though the stretched stitches provide an unusual visual and textural effect, I find them less pleasant (and more difficult) to crochet than traditional stitches, so I opted for the substitutions.  Having the designer's own suggestions of which stitches to substitute was very helpful.

"It Had to Be You"

"It Had to Be You"

The raised pattern on either side of each corner reminds me of wings... Pretty!

"It Had to Be You"

"Someone to Watch Over Me".

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

This block (one of the freebies) has a great texture!  It works up very quickly, too.

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

The pattern repeat is easy to memorize, so this would be a good TV/movie project.  And like all the other freebies, it would be simple to just keep going to make a larger block-- or even a whole blanket.

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

The texture reminds me of overlapping scales-- but in a nice way.  ;o)

"Someone to Watch Over Me"

There are only three more patterns to go, including the one that was released yesterday.  I haven't started it yet, because I've been working on finishing a doily that got set aside almost a year ago when I ran out of thread.  More on that soon, after blocking-- but the next post will be a wrap-up for a different doily.