Skip to main content

Stardust Melodies CAL Progress

Here they are-- the final six blocks (two each of the last three patterns)!

"Summertime":

"Summertime"

I loved crocheting this one!

"Summertime"

The center is a little different from the average crochet block, but the video is helpful for seeing exactly where the stitches go.  The dc5tog isn't as difficult as it might look, either.

"Summertime"

Very nice layered textures!

"Summertime"

Is it just me, or does this one have an art deco vibe?

"Summertime"

"Dream a Little Dream of Me":

"Dream a Little Dream of Me"

I tried the hdc method for the stars, but mine were coming out looking messy, so I went back and switched to the dc method.  The dc stars don't stand out quite so strikingly as the hdc would have, but they're still a nice texture.

"Dream a Little Dream of Me"

"Dream a Little Dream of Me"

Like all the "solid" blocks, this would be easy to expand to whatever size you need.

"Dream a Little Dream of Me"

Simple, but pretty.

"Dream a Little Dream of Me"

"One for My Baby":

"One for My Baby"

The raised texture on this block reminds me strongly of peacock feathers.  See them?

"One for My Baby"

It's not as difficult as it may look, though there is an unusual stitch or two.

"One for My Baby"

"One for My Baby"


Very nice pattern!

"One for My Baby"

I can't believe that was the last block!  I'll miss getting those pattern updates twice a week...

I've really enjoyed this CAL, and quite a few of these patterns are well worth crocheting again (and again).  I'm glad to have them in my library.

Here's my stack of 48 blocks, divided by color:

Stardust Melodies CAL

The blocks need arranging and joining, next, and I'm still not sure how I want to join them-- or even what color I'll use.  I have it narrowed down to two colors, and I'll probably either single crochet them together as they are or add a round of sc in the joining color, then join with slip stitch on the back side of the blocks.  Hm...

Then there's the border to crochet!  There are two options included with the ebook-- a free one and a paid one.  If I use one, it will be the paid border, because I love the bobbles.  I might use the bobbly border, then add another narrow border-- because I tend to prefer borders with lacy or scalloped edges (and I have that new book of borders I'd love to have an excuse to use).

I may put off the joining for a while.  For the moment, I've gone back to working on the table runner that I started back in April.  There's still a looooong way to go on that one.  There are also a couple of finished doilies still waiting to be blocked, so there's plenty to distract do while I weigh the options for joining and edging.