Skip to main content

FO: "Evelyn" Doily

Here's my latest finished (and blocked and photographed) object!

"Evelyn"

Pattern:  "Evelyn", by Grace Fearon
Yarn:  Cébélia size 10, color #745

"Evelyn"

What started as a CAL turned into a regular, "un-timed", solitary crochet project, once I fell behind the schedule-- but it was a very enjoyable crocheting experience, all the same.

This pattern comes with photos with superimposed stitch diagrams, which I found very helpful for quick reference.  I seem to recall that there were plenty of rounds where I didn't even need to read the written instructions, and that's just fine with me.  ;o)  I've come to prefer diagrammed patterns-- but best is to have both, like this one does-- so you can go back to the full, written instructions, if the need arises.

"Evelyn"

(I could've been a little more careful with my blocking around the circle(s) in the center, but honestly, most of the time there's something on the middle of the doily, anyway, so I probably won't bother to re-block until it needs washing.)

"Evelyn"

I love the leaf motif and I love-love the "ropes" framing each leaf in the border.  Such a strong texture!

"Evelyn"

There are some absolutely gorgeous examples of this pattern worked in multiple colors-- especially with the popcorns worked in accent colors.  I'm tempted to make it again, myself, one of these days, but I'm not sure I have it in me to work in that many ends... I do it for afghans, but for a doily... Maybe.

"Evelyn"

"Evelyn"

"Evelyn"


Certain rounds of this pattern will keep you on your toes-- but it's great if you're up for a challenge.  (I actually made a silly, careless mistake all the way through one round-- details are in my project notes on Ravelry-- but fortunately it wasn't so bad that I had to frog it.)

You'll feel you've accomplished something when you snip the thread after that last round!

"Evelyn"

I'm looking forward to crocheting more of Grace's designs!