Skip to main content

Keeping the Cobwebs Away...

Just posting to stay in the habit and keep the cobwebs from getting out of hand.  ;o)

No photos today, I'm afraid. 

I still haven't blocked anything, and the only project I've made any progress on, lately, is a gift item, so I'm trying to avoid spoiling the surprise with photos here, there, and everywhere. 

I'm really, really trying to keep my gift-making to a minimum this Christmas, but there are at least two people who'll get handmade gifts. 

...And every now and then I start thinking about making a small amigurumi animal for each of the two little kids in my family (my niece and a first-cousin's son, whatever the technical name for that relationship might be... "first cousin once removed", I think...).  Not that they need more stuffed animals, I'm sure.  And not that I love the process of sewing together stuffed toys and embroidering the faces.  But the finished amigurumi animals are so cute!  And handmade toys are unique...  I don't know.  Maybe.  Something small and simple so it won't take too much time to make or room to store in already-crowded toy boxes.  If the mood is still with me after I've finished the other two gifts. 

Also, even though the Christmas tree isn't up, nor the first seasonal decoration out of storage, I find myself tempted to knit a pretty lace Advent Calendar Scarf.  It would be my first KAL and my first time trying anything but the simplest lace.  I'd probably fall behind, but that'd be ok, I guess.  Not sure I'm willing to commit to such a scary project right now, but it's tempting...