Skip to main content

Update & Ohmywow

I am still working on the afghan. 
This thing will never end. 
It would've been done a while ago, if I'd put in enough time on it, but since I haven't... it isn't. 

I'm ready to start the final round, though.  Tonight! 

I've found (my opinion of) the perfect border, in someone else's photos of her own hexagon afghan.  (The photos are here, at a very pretty blog named Once Upon a Pink Moon.)  I love the way her finished afghan looks-- and the bobble border does, as she says, give it a vintage feel.  (P.S. I, too, love the vintage feel.) 

The only problem is that Robin (the blogger) doesn't link to or mention a pattern-- and I don't want to ask and wait on the chance that she'll see my question and be able to point me to a pattern.  She could well have made it up, for all I know.  I've looked on Ravelry and googled it.  There are bobble border patterns out there, but none that look (to me, at least) exactly like the Perfect One.  Well, it looks simple enough, so I'll just give it a try and see what happens.

- - - - - - -

This afternoon, my husband sent me a link in an e-mail titled "Your next project?"...

Curious?  (I was.)  Take a look.

That is a crocheted and knitted Finnish police car. 
Can you believe it? 
Look at that detail!  (The knitted headlights!)

From a distance, you really can't tell that it's not the real thing. 

(I have no idea what they made it for, by the way.)

...And no, that will not be my next project.