Skip to main content

Things 1, 2, 3 & 4

First:
Ack!  Headache!
(I shouldn't complain, because I don't get them that often. *knocks on wood*)


Second:
I am bad.  I... I started another scrap afghan.  (Should I pretend to hang my head in shame?  No, I already have a headache; that's punishment enough. ;o))

I couldn't resist.  After crocheting (and not weaving in the ends, yet!!) twenty more of the Ugly-Cute mini grannies, I misbehaved.  Instead of either weaving in my ends or going back to the WIP that is "due" by or before Christmas, I started whipping out "Granny's Daughters"-- i.e. teensy-tiny one-round granny squares.  Oh well.  What's (yet) another long-term project between friends? 

If I counted correctly, I made 60 of the Granny's Daughters squares before coming to my senses.  Crocheting sixty Granny's Daughters doesn't take long.  They practically fly of the hook (size F, as per the pattern).  Weaving in the two tails on each miniscule square, however, is Another Story-- a long, sad story full of painful, cramping fingers and growing resentment for one's past self, who so thoughtlessly left 120 little ends for you to weave in.  (The meanie!)

Sheesh.
Anyway, suffice it to say that I won't be doing that again.  I'm more than halfway through my pile of micro-grannies, and next time, I'll stop to weave in the ends every 10-20 or so. 


Third:
I've carefully laundered three gift projects (finished earlier in the year).  I set up the tripod and photographed them for posterity!  One is even wrapped and under the tree!  The other two are neatly folded and waiting to be wrapped.  (Soon.)  This is a good start, but I need to continue.  I don't want to have to rush to get these hand-made gifts ready and packaged.  (I'll have enough of that with the last-minute shopping that is looking more and more like a certainty.)


Fourth:
I still haven't taken any photos of the ready-to-share projects!  Oops.  Maybe that can be my next procrastination project-- the not-at-all time-sensitive thing I'll work on instead of finishing up the gifts that must be ready in a week or two.