Let me count them up...
I started the year by finishing an afghan begun the year before-- the Very Vintage V-Stitch-Ghan (which I've been using and loving a lot this season).
I've started a few long-term-project afghans this year:
- Novelty Scraptastic Afghan (attempting to use up most of my novelty yarn)
- So Ugly It's Cute Afghan (mini-grannies in scraps)
- Granny's Daughter (micro-grannies in scraps)
I also started (but did not finish) the A-Gypsying We'll Go Afghan. (That's the paperweight granny / African flower motif blanket, for those keeping track.) I've picked up work on that one again, now, but there's no way I'll finish it before year's end. (Wouldn't even want to try!)
And in the category of "Started and Finished in 2012" we have these:
- Pink and Purple Crochet Sampler Favorites Lapghan
- Citric Acid Retroghan (kooky citrus-colored triangles & random stripes)
- Karisma Afghan (blue & white for my parents)
- TWO of the Tucson Throw worked all in white (one for each set of my grandparents)
- Bon Temps (round ripple baby blanket)
Three of this year's blankets were gifts (and I also sewed a denim-and-flannel rag quilt as a gift). I've no plans to make afghans for Christmas gifts in 2013, so that should cut down on the workload. Substantially. ;o)
I enjoyed making those gifts, but I'm looking forward to taking my time over upcoming projects. As I mentioned before, I've been working on the paperweight granny afghan again, and for my next (not already in-progress) afghan, I have at least a specific color scheme in mind-- something that will make a dent in the stash of bright red yarn I've accumulated from thrift stores over the past few years. (I'm thinking a Cath Kidston-inspired afghan is in order...) I'd also like to try another mix-and-match motif afghan, sometime-- but there are so many other ideas jostling for my attention... Ah, decisions, decisions! :o)
And that's just the afghans! Gosh, I've also been itching to try a large-scale doily for our coffee table... And I want to try knitting fingerless mitts! --And! Well, just look at my recent post about resolutions. (g) No shortage of want-to's!