Skip to main content

Slow Progress is Still Progress

ARGH!  *@^$!# Blogger just ate my nearly-completed blog post!!  I give up.  I'm not writing all that over again, so here's the abbreviated version:

Finally started working on a quilt again.  I pieced the eight grey-background leaves that have been waiting on the design wall for literally months.  Now the eight cream/beige-background leaves are arranged on the wall, waiting their turn.  I hope to get to them before I forget which way to press all the seams!  

I'm working on a doily ("Monaco", by Tatyana Kolesnikova), but have been stalled for weeks because there's a round with a bazillion puff stitches, and I don't heart puff stitches.  Give me popcorn stitches, any day!  I'll get through them, eventually, but it will take an effort.  This photo is from February, so it's not up-to-date, but it's already taken and uploaded, so why not?

Mom and Dad gave me a diamond-painting (DP) kit as part of my birthday gift. (I think... it was birthday and not Christmas, right?  My memory can be unreliable...) Mom's been enjoying doing DP for at least a year, now, and she thought I might like it, too.  (She's already got my youngest sister doing them, too.  Soon she'll have converted the whole family. 😉)  

Long story short, yes, I enjoyed it!  I ordered myself a few more to work on when I want to relax and do something hobbyish without too much effort or stress.  They're like coloring or cross-stitch, but easier and faster than either.  And more sparkly, too, for those of you who still have an inner 9-year-old who oohs and ahhs over sparkles.  💎✨💖😜

Here's the one that was a gift, all finished (but not framed).  




I'm hoping to break the bounds of my recent crafting inertia and get back into the habit of blogging, too.  Maybe this is the first step in that direction.  (And it would certainly help if Blogger didn't eat any future blog posts right before I'm ready to publish them!!)