Skip to main content

FO: "Flora"

I finally edited the photos of my latest completed doily!

The pattern is named "Flora", designed by Julia Hart.  I've crocheted a few other patterns from this designer before, but compared to "Flora", they've all been smaller and relatively simple-- a couple of snowflakes and a doily called "Wispweave".  "Flora" is more complex.  What with one thing and another, I took a while to complete it, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.  

I absolutely love the texture-- those incredibly three-dimensional gothic arches especially, but also the more subtle design of the flat section between the central medallion and the heavily textured outer band.  It's really beautiful!  

(By the way, the pattern includes round-by-round photos with the stitches marked with their international symbols, as well as extra photos to illustrate the less common stitches/combinations-- very helpful if you're still learning or read diagrams better than written instructions!)

I wanted an "autumnal" color, so I chose a mossy, olive-y golden-green that feels like fall to me.  The thread is "Artiste" (size 10), and the color is "Moss".  

In closing 😉, I recommend this pattern. 

Here are the new doily photos: