Skip to main content

Doily FO: "Illyria"

Still have doilies on the brain!  Aside from the one featured in today's post, I have one finished but waiting for blocking and another in progress.  (It's in Alize Miss Batik, which always adds another layer of interest and excitement to a project!)

Today's doily is "Illyria", a pattern by Grace Fearon.

"Illyria"

It's another "advanced" level pattern, this time with a pineapple theme. 

"Illyria"

I like the look of pineapples, but I find I'm much more likely to make a mistake and have to rip back rounds when a pattern has pineapples or any other "meshy" design.  It's so easy to zone out for just a second and miss a chain space!

"Illyria"

I love the "rope" effect framing each pineapple.  So pretty!

"Illyria"

The thread is more from my stash of America's Best Country Cotton Crochet Thread.  The color ("Casbah Blue") is fairly dark (which made it harder to get any decent photos...).

I'm happy with my results, but I probably wouldn't work a texture-heavy pattern in anything much darker than this, personally.  I'd hate to put in all that work and not even be able to see the texture without effort-- and it's probably a lot harder to work textured patterns in very dark thread, too, since you might struggle to find where the put the hook.

"Illyria"

The scallops along the edge are nice... I like a good scalloped edging on a doily.  ;o)

"Illyria"

Yep, this is a good one, if you like pineapples.  I can imagine making this one again, even though I'll probably end up having to rip out a round or two along the way!

"Illyria"

Luna kept me company while I took the doily photos, so I snapped a few of her, too.  :o)  She's a companionable little dog-- definitely of the "fluffy shadow" personality type.  (As long as the going is good, that is... She'll quietly slink off, if I dare to express displeasure with anything at all; even just a sigh when the computer's misbehaving can send her into retreat!)

Luna

Luna

Luna

Luna

Luna

Dogs surely can add a lot to life!  We're so lucky to have them!