Sunday, March 22, 2015

Finished Meret

I just found this draft version of a post.
Oops!

Here it is, albeit late:


I weaved in the two tails on the Meret, today.  It still needs washing and blocking (not sure how much I'll block it), but here it is, fresh of the needles.

I tried it on to see how it fits me, for future reference.  It did turn out a little small for my tastes.  The brim fits, but it's snug, and the body of the hat was much less loose and beret-like than I'd like.  I think it would work well for someone with a smaller head, though.  Maybe a child. 

If I were to make this pattern again (and I might) for an adult, I'd go up to the large size and work at least two extra repeats.  (This time, I worked one extra.  Without that, I think it would look very odd.  But then again, I don't usually like tight/small hat styles.) 

Fit aside, I really enjoyed this pattern.  It's just complicated enough to keep it from being boring-- great for knitting while you listen to TV or an audiobook.  The new needles were great, too.  I think I'm liking these sharp tips! 


And here's the finished hat (but not a very good photo of it, I'm afraid):

 I haven't washed or blocked it, yet.