Skip to main content

Be of Good Cheer Samplerghan

The "Be of Good Cheer" Samplerghan is in its new home tonight (with my mother, in celebration of her birthday), so it's time to write the final blog entry about that particular afghan and bid it a fond farewell. 

This one has taken its time.  I started the first block just before Valentine's Day in 2013, finished the last block in June that same year, then put it into a heavy hibernation until early 2015.

After putting off the dreaded joining for a year and a half, it came together fairly quickly with a flat braid crochet join.  (I like that joining method.  I'd like it even better if the blocks to be joined were more uniform in stitch count.)

For the border, it was the perfect time to try out a pom-pom edging.  The pom-poms were fun to make, but it did take a while to crochet.  And then the skein of yarn I was using ran out!  With only eleven pom-poms left to make!!  (Fortunately, it wasn't a rare, one-of-a-kind, impossible-to-match yarn.  The match is pretty good.)

I'm happy to send this blanket on its way!
I think it has lived up to its promise.  Cheerful?  Yes-- maybe a little insanely so.  (g)

"Be of Good Cheer" Sampler Afghan

"Be of Good Cheer" Sampler Afghan

"Be of Good Cheer" Sampler Afghan

"Be of Good Cheer" Sampler Afghan

"Be of Good Cheer" Sampler Afghan

"Be of Good Cheer" Sampler Afghan