Skip to main content

Piecing & Joining

Quilting first?

Half-Square Triangles

I've pieced together a few more blocks-- enough for one strip across the width of the quilt top. There are already one or two spots where my points definitely aren't perfectly lined up.  From a distance, I don't think it'll be obvious.  Especially if I quilt the top.  (I'm not sure yet if I'll try a simple machine quilting or stick with "just" tying it.)

- - - - - - -

Crochet.

I've started joining the Be of Good Cheer Sampler using Muggins' (Margaret MacInnis') Flat Braid 3-Chain Crochet Join.  There's a photo-heavy tutorial on Ravelry, if you're a visual learner.  I'm really liking it, so far!

"Be of Good Cheer" Afghan

Joining will probably take me a while, because the blocks are all over the place in stitch count.  Then there will be 40 new ends to deal with, all due to the joining.  (Bleh.)

"Be of Good Cheer" Afghan

But when that's done, it'll be time to choose an edging.  I'm thinking something open and lacy... I recently discovered this nifty Pom Pom Edge pattern in my queue.  Not sure yet if I'll use it for this afghan (and if so, whether I'll combine it with something else for a wider edging), but I love the pom poms and think they'd go really well with this blanket's style.