Skip to main content

Mysteryghan, Etc.

Mysteryghan Update:
I'm all finished (ends even woven in) and ready for the next clue, which is due out tomorrow.

Clue #3 ("Happy Flower") was for four larger squares.  Slightly trickier to crochet than the other clues, so far.  Here's one of the squares... (There are photos of the others on the project page.)

Mysteryghan Clue #3

I guess I won't post photos of Clue #4 here, yet, since the next clue's not out.  There are photos on the Ravelry project page, though.  :o)


Old-Fashioned Sampler:
I posted a few photos last week of squares crocheted for the sampler.  Here are a few more:

Seville

Briar Rose

Catherine Wheel

The photos turned out kind of ugly, I'm afraid.  Next time I'll have to make sure there's better natural lighting.  (I just don't feel like bothering much about photos, lately.  Funny how those things go in phases, because there are other times that I love taking photos!  I'm really more of a "nature photographer" than an "arts and crafts photographer", though...)


Up Next:
As much as I've been enjoying the Old-Fashioned Sampler, I'm thinking of putting it on hold for a while.  I'm not sure what to work on instead (in between clues for the Mysteryghan, that is)... Maybe go back to the Cheerful Afghan...  Maybe work on the Isis shawl... Maybe make something else altogether.

I've been planning to do at least a little thread work.  One project I have in mind is a small gift (i.e. secret).  I'm also eager to try my hand at some of the size 20 thread I bought recently.  I've only ever used size 10 so far, but I've been meaning for a long time to try thinner thread-- and then I saw a great sale on size 20 Cebelia, and it seemed like a good time to stock up a bit.  Now I've just got to prove to myself that I can, in fact, crochet with it.  ;o)  I've been researching what size hook to use.  It looks like most people use a 9 or 10 for size 20 thread.  I have an 8 and a 10, but no 9-- so I may have an excuse to purchase another hook.  (And yes, I know that due to variations among manufacturers, millimeters are a better reference-- especially for steel hook sizes, but... meh. It'll be close enough.)

I've begun prettifying more of my aluminum and steel crochet hooks, by the way.  After using the ones I covered last time for a while, I came to the conclusion that I do prefer the polymer clay handled ones to the bare metal-- for comfort's sake, mainly, but also because they're more interesting to look at that way.  Covering hooks is more time consuming than I remembered, but still fun.  I'm just playing around, making it up as I go along.  They're for me, and I'm not too picky.  Even if they turn out odd-looking, they'll still work for crocheting.