Friday, June 7, 2013

Mysteryghan - Clue #2

The 3rd clue for Julie Yeager's 2013 Mysteryghan is officially available, so I'll share the photos of my squares for last week's clue, "Blooming Pair".

To make the loopy flowers a little bigger (to match the other square in the clue), I substituted trc for dc in the second round.  (It was one of a handful of suggestions from Julie Yeager herself.)  It seemed to do the trick, and the squares are all roughly the same size.  :o)

Mysteryghan - Clue #2

When I finished stitching my final "bumpy flower", I realized with some surprise that I'd used the dark red/maroon twice on the "petals" sections.  Oops.  Well, it's not a big deal.  I've been winging it on color distribution, anyway, and I'm sure it'll look fine when they're all mixed together.  (...I assume they'll be mixed up somewhat.  We'll see by the end of the month!)

Mysteryghan - Clue #2


Even though I chose these colors mainly because I wanted to clear out my stash of Simply Soft, and the colors sort of divided themselves into two piles (warm and cool colors), I've come to really like them together.  I'm eager to see the finished afghan (though there's a lot of crocheting to do between now and then)!

Now that the next clue is available, I know what I'll be working on this weekend... :o)