Skip to main content

Three Things

Thing #1:
I'm slowly but surely making progress on Multnomah.  (And I do mean "slowly".)  I'm nearing the end of the garter stitch portion, and then I'll have to decide if I'm following the pattern as written or expanding the garter stitch section.  I think I'm leaning toward following as written.

Multnomah Shawl


(All my photos turned out blurry today.  Not enough light in the house, and I was too lazy to change lenses, fool with the tripod, or otherwise inconvenience myself in the slightest.  Sorry!)

Thing #2:
I didn't withstand the Big Secret Project's allure, so I'm working on that, now, too (which is part of the reason why progress on Multnomah is sooo slooow).  I'm having lots of fun with it.  The pattern is super easy to memorize, offers lots of room for playing with color, and is generally just fun to crochet.  (I'll share the pattern once the gift is given-- which won't be until Christmas, I'm afraid-- but it's one you're probably already aware of/familiar with.)

I'm using a mix of brands, and as always when I use Caron Simply Soft with other acrylic worsted weights, I can't help noticing that Caron Simply Soft is not worsted weight.  I know it says it is, but it's just NOT.  I like its sheen and many of the colors it comes in, but it's frustrating to use in combination with other brands of yarn because of that difference in weight.  I'm trying to strategically combine the brands so that (maybe) the difference won't cause any weird gauge problems by the project's end.

Here are a couple of sneak peek photos from what I'm (temporarily) calling "It's All Very Hush-Hush":

Mystery Scraps


Secret Circles ;o)



Thing #3:
I started another secret project.  (So far, 2012 is turning out to be the Year of  the Secret Project.)  It ought to be fairly quick and easy-- and it will be given away in about a week, so I can share the details soon.

In the meantime, here's a peek at what it looks like at the moment:

Mystery... Thing.


Doesn't it look like a very uniformly moldy eggplant?  It makes me laugh.  Maybe I ought to make a whole series of mold-tinted fruits and veggies.  They would certainly make an interesting "conversation piece", all piled into a crystal bowl in the middle of the dining room table.  ;o)

Well, that's all I have for the blog at the moment.  I'm feeling extremely drowsy after doing some yard work this morning. *yawn*  If I can overcome some guilt about starting the weekend early, I might put in some time working on the new big secret project... :o)  (That's my current "happy" project.  Color!)  Or... maybe I'll go ahead and turn the moldy eggplant into what it's actually meant to be.  It is "due" in just over a week, after all...

I hope you have something fun and crafty planned for the weekend, too!