Skip to main content

Being Decisive

 I've made some decisions regarding the baby blanket.

I ended up choosing Priscilla Hewitt's Circle of Friends Square.  It's not overtly floral (in my opinion, at least), but it has texture and plenty of room to play around with color combinations.  Also, it's not too holey (something I wanted to avoid in this blanket). 

Yesterday evening, I picked out a boxful of colorful yarns from my stash.  I don't know yet if I'll use every one of those colors, but it's possible.  I did end up going for a rainbow approach-- but I won't be using them in rainbow order, necessarily-- just scrambled up together every which way. 

I didn't have a chance to try out the motif until this morning (early, because one of the dogs woke us up around five, and I didn't figure I'd be able to get back to sleep).  I have to say, I'm impressed!  This pattern is pretty easy, but it looks more complicated than it is, with those rings of raised, puffy stitches.  I think it'll make a very nice blanket.

At the moment, I'm thinking it'll be four by five blocks, plus some type of edging-- but I may change my mind once I have a few more of them made up and laid out together.  We'll see.

Here's a link to the pattern, if you're interested:  Circle of Friends Square.  (Or you can download a PDF of the pattern here.)

And if you're on Ravelry (and if you're not, you should be, if you knit or crochet at all!), you can also check out its pattern page over there.  (At the moment, there don't seem to be many finished, whole afghans made of this square on Ravelry.  Lots of pot holders and loose squares, though.)

Oh, and here's my Circle of Friends Baby Blanket project page on Ravelry.

I'll try to take and post some photos soon!