Skip to main content

Procrastination Afghan -- Finished!

I finished my Procrastination Afghan today!

Actually, I had it all but finished a day or two ago, but it took me that long to get around to weaving in the few loose ends and washing and drying it.

I decided to go with a simple edging, after all-- just two rows of single crochet (in blue) down each length of the blanket.  The pattern specified one row, but I like the look of two.  It seemed best not to compete with the simple ripple pattern, so I resisted the urge to try something a little more complex. 

I did one other thing that I can't remember if the pattern called for:  I added a row of single crochet to the final ripple.  I felt that would balance the blanket better, since the first ripple was also a little wider than the others-- due to the chain foundation row.  Also, single crochet just feels more stable and finished than double crochet.

Here's the finished afghan, lounging on the swing:

Procrastination Afghan-- Finished!

It turned out that I had plenty of yarn, and I still have some leftovers to use in future projects.  That's always nice, even if some of the colors still aren't what I'd choose to buy today. . .  However, the colors did grow on me as I worked with them.  Though they're not my current favorites, I now remember why I liked them before.  They make me think of woodlands and nature trails and vintage National Park signs.  Pine cones. . . Smokey the Bear. . .  "Only YOU". . . That sort of thing.

Procrastination Afghan-- Finished!

Though (as I mentioned in earlier posts) I had a little trouble in some of the earlier rows (due to absentmindedly messing up the counting or failing to skip a stitch), the pattern eventually became second nature.  Now, I think I could almost crochet it with my eyes closed.   . . .Or at least crochet it again with far fewer uh-ohs. 

This has been a very soothing project, and now that it's done, I'm not sure what to crochet next.  I have several ideas, but I can't seem to decide.  (Not such a bad problem to have, though, is it?)

Procrastination Afghan-- Finished!

Dimensions:  (roughly) 48.5" x 74"

Number of ripples:  Sixty-nine (if I counted right. . .)

Hours of work:  No telling, and it's probably best I don't know. . .

Amount of yarn, price of yarn, etc.:  Again, ignorance is bliss.  Since I used cheap(ish) acrylics, it's a fraction of what it'd cost if I'd been using something fancy.  It's probably still more expensive than if I'd just gone out and bought a cheap blanket, but where's the fun in that?  ;o)

Ravelry link (again):   Procrastination Afghan

All in all, I really enjoyed making this afghan. I'd definitely recommend the pattern to someone looking for a simple ripple.  If you don't mind single crochet, double crochet, and lots (and lots) of repetition, give it a look.