Skip to main content

Sewing Kit in a Jar

(Note: One more old post from my personal blog.)

I found this yesterday (well, back in May, but it was "yesterday" when I wrote this) and liked the looks of it:

Sewing Kit in a Jar
From Martha Stewart Living. How to turn a Mason jar into a sewing kit (or storage solution) with a pin cushion on top. Simple and attractive.

I like the old-fashioned homeyness of the Mason jar, but the downside is that it's breakable. If you wanted a "traveling" sewing kit (one to leave in your car or to take on trips or to sewing groups), you could use a plastic jar. I've also read that some people prefer attaching the pin cushion to the bottom of the lid, so that it (and all the pins) will be inside the jar, when it's closed. Again, it looks more decorative with the cushion on top, but for traveling, inside would be better.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along the link. :o)