Skip to main content

Little This, Little That

Trying to stay "in the groove" with this craft blog!  The key does seem to be posting regularly, even if there's nothing momentous to report.  

You may have noticed the font size on this blog changed recently.  I've been increasing it, because when I checked how it looks on the tablet (and maybe the phone, can't recall), it seemed too small for comfortable reading.  I hope this will make it a bit better. 

- - - - - - -

I didn't do a whole lot of crafting this long holiday weekend, but I did some.  There are now a couple more string blocks for the HST project and another inch or two on the current diamond painting.  

What I'm more excited about, however, is that I finally resumed work on the freestyle words that have been sitting on the design wall forever a long, long time.  As always in these cases, once I started working on it, it went fairly quickly and I enjoyed it.  (Why does this happen so often?)  I didn't spend that long with it, however, and I'm not done, but at least I'm making progress again.  I know what my next few steps are, so it's just a matter of keeping up the forward momentum.  

Here's a photo of the design wall before yesterday's short burst of progress (sometime in August):


And here it is after:


You might have to really look to see the differences (especially since I didn't even get all the words in the first photo).  Basically, I decided how tall the rows of text should be and added strips of black to the tops and bottoms of the words to make them tall enough.  They'll need to be trimmed slightly, in some cases, but they're on their way!  Next is spacers between them.  

The rainbow pieces above the words are the string-pieced starts of what was going to be a paper lantern quilt top, but unfortunately I lost interest in that, so now it's going to be something else.  Something easier, faster, and more fun to sew, I hope.  But that has to wait.  The words/crumbs quilt needs to be finished, first.  

- - - - - - -

I mentioned diamond painting before.  Here's a quick progress snap of that:


I like the effect of the dark background in this one!

- - - - - - -

To close, how about a couple of doggy photos?  

Miss Trixie:


and Mr. Frodo:

I hope you had a good Labor Day weekend!  It's amazing how you can emerge from a three-day weekend feeling sleepier than you did at the start...