Skip to main content

What the Scrap Happened Here?!

I've been putting off doing anything "real" in the arena of piecing and quilting.  Instead, I thought playing with crumbs might be a fun post-Thanksgiving project.  

There's a crumb project already in progress, but I had put that all away in shoe boxes to make room for other WIPs.  This time, I first just pulled out one of the boxes... Then thought, well, maybe I need some of the crumbs from that second box, too... And before you know it, my work surface looks like this!  

Believe it or not, this is actually "organized", after a fashion.  Crumbs are sorted into their different types (skinny strings, triangles, neutrals vs. brighter/darker colors), and then there are larger bits of fabric and piles of joined crumbs, which are also sorted into smaller and larger pieces.  

But it still looks an absolute mess!  

I don't think I'll spend too much more time on crumbs.  They need to go back into their respective boxes so I can focus on the fall leaves quilt again.  

- - - - - - -

Meanwhile, the first "Tall Tales" quilt is still on the frame, sulking because I haven't felt like looking at the machine again.  I need to do some tension testing before I can continue quilting.  Maybe clean the bobbin area more carefully or change the needle...

Though it pained me to do it, I took a photo of the section of messy, loopy stitching on the back of the quilt (mentioned in the last blog post):  

On closer inspection, it doesn't seem to be a very large area that's affected.  It could be worse.  It still needs to be ripped out and re-quilted, though.  

For today, I think I'll do a little more crumb-piecing. 
Happy last day of November!