Skip to main content

Odds and Ends Around the Craft Room

There are too many random photos to give them each their own blog entry, so I'm going for the hodge-podge method.

- - - - - - -

I believe this was the first quilt top I pieced. (If it wasn't this, it was the string quilt from the kit Mom made for me, but I think I sewed this one first.)  Half-square triangles (HSTs) in a simple herringbone pattern.

I decided I was finally read to quilt it.  Here it is "before".  It's now ready for trimming and binding-- and its first trip through the wash-- and then photos!


- - - - - - -

You may remember (if I ever told you... which I think I did...) that I was working on a scrappy Arkansas Crossroads quilt as a leader & ender project?  I got impatient with whatever else I was sewing at the time and let that become my main project.  Here are some of the units and pieces waiting... 


(This project makes a sneak-peeky reappearance further down the page.)

- - - - - - -

My current main piecing project is "Punkin' Patch" from Bonnie Hunter's latest book. 

Those pumpkins are addictive!  Here are mine all stuck up on the design wall.  They're not arranged, yet, by the way.  I just put them up there as I went to help keep track of how many of each type I had (and to try to get a good mix of dark and light greys). 


I've just started piecing the first of the borders, but I have a long, long way to go!


No rush.  It's a while until the end of autumn, so I might even finish it in time to use this year-- but if not, that's fine, too. 

- - - - - - -

This is just a photo of one corner of the room.  You can see the "flimsy" of the scrappy Arkansas Crossroads just peeking in on the right side.  On the wall by the door is the latest addition to the room-- a shelf/cabinet unit from Granny L. 

My room is getting a little crowded with shelves and things-- and I have plans to hang quilts, eventually, so it'll get more crowded still, but I've decided I like it that way, in my own personal space.  I probably wouldn't want the whole house so "full", but I'm throwing caution to the wind and filling my craft room to the brim with things that make me happy, and it's funny, but I do feel a special sense of peace and joy when I step in there, now.  It's becoming a sanctuary, which is maybe a bit silly, considering that there's not really anything to hide from in the rest of the house... Aside from housework and other responsibilities, I guess!


- - - - - - -

Down to the last photo! 

This is a project just started.  I'm planning to make some bright and cheerful miniature bunting to drape somewhere in the craft room.  (This is another of those things that might not really "go" elsewhere in the house, but in there, it's fine.) 

I'm using triangles cut from felt and probably rainbow-colored crochet thread and colorful glass e-beads for stringing them. 


- - - - - - -

Well, I think I'm all caught up on the craft photos I've taken recently.  There are quite a few more still to take just to get up to date on finished projects and WIPs.  I intend to keep the blog updated more often, if I can manage it!