Skip to main content

Two New CAL Blocks

I'm all caught up on the Stardust Melodies CAL, ready for the release of the next pattern later today!
Here are the latest two block patterns:

"Satin Doll".

"Satin Doll"

This one came out bigger for me than I'd have liked, but I'm not sure how much of that is the pattern and how much is just my shifting moods coming through in my tension...  In any case, it's a pretty block.

"Satin Doll"

It's not as difficult as it may look, though the video is helpful for learning where to place the double crochets.  Once you've watched a few rounds, it's easy to tell where they go for the rest of the block.

"Satin Doll"

Side note:  I tried a new-to-me yarn on this block.  The gray is Big Twist Value.

In my opinion (so far, based on just this one skein), it's not a bad yarn, but it's discernibly rougher/scratchier than some of the nicer modern acrylic yarns.  Switching between I Love This Yarn and Big Twist Value, the difference was immediately obvious.  I'll certainly use up the two skeins I bought to try and I might buy it again, but it's not a favorite.

"Satin Doll"

"Satin Doll"

"On the Street Where You Live".

"On the Street Where You Live"

This one works up very quickly-- a simple and straight-forward pattern with a strong texture.

"On the Street Where You Live"

I enjoyed making this pattern-- a nice change of pace from the ones where you have to guesstimate how far to pull up a loop. ;o)

"On the Street Where You Live"

"On the Street Where You Live"


Yes, I like this one a lot.

"On the Street Where You Live"

I've also finished crocheting the "Evelyn" doily-- photos to come when it's been blocked.  Maybe I'll even go ahead and block it right away!

Though I already have a big doily UFO in light hibernation, I think I'm going to choose a pattern and start a new doily in some "long change"/long-repeat variegated thread (Alize Miss Batik).  I've been wanting to try it for months, and I don't want to wait to finish that other project first.  (Who knows how long that will take?!)

Life's too short not to occasionally indulge the wish to start yet another new project!