The Ogee Afghan is finished-- unless I decide to go back and add a wider border. That seems unlikely, because I'm not sure what kind of border I'd even add... and I'm kind of tired of working on this afghan, as it is... and the thin border seems to want to flip to the front, so I worry that a wider border would only do so more noticeably...
Without further ado, here it is:
I'm afraid I can't link the motif pattern, because it turns out the document I originally found via a link on a Ravelry forum was not really meant for the public (or something like that-- still not really clear on the whole story). In any case, it's no longer available, but there's information about a very similar pattern here: Mystical Lanterns Blanket.
Information about the hooks and yarn I used are on the project page on Ravelry, but the pared-down version is that I used worsted-weight acrylic (in a variety of brands), a 4.0mm hook for the motifs, and a 5.0mm hook for the joining and border.
Speaking of the join, I used the "completely flat zipper method". I'm still not sure that was the best choice for this blanket. Maybe a simple slip-stitch join on the back would've looked better-- called less attention to the join and let the motifs shine more on their own. ...But it's not bad, and for future reference, it wasn't a particularly difficult join. No more difficult than the slip stitch join, I'd say.
I'm reasonably satisfied with how this afghan turned out. It might take a little time to grow on me, though. The colors are kind of wild, for one thing, and there are a few nit-picking details that I'm not completely happy with-- but that's probably more a sign of frustrated perfectionism than anything else.
...I took a lot of photos, as you can see, and many of them look almost the same! I should've taken some outside in natural daylight... Maybe another time.
Done! (Though I think I will try to take a few photos outdoors, sometime soon...)