Skip to main content

All Quiet on the Crafting Front?

There hasn't been much to say about crafting, because I haven't been doing much of it, lately.  (Most of the creative/spare-time energy has gone toward gardening, I guess.  That and reading a few novels/listening to audio versions of short stories.)

Not that there's been no crafting. 

I sewed Luna a new chew pillow toy.  That took 5 to 10 minutes from start to finish.  I used a couple of scraps of polar fleece fabric to make a tube stuffed with acrylic fiber.  Since the fleece doesn't fray, I left the seam allowances exposed.  This is her third such pillow (though each has been a slightly different shape), and she enjoys playing with them-- fetch, gentle tug-of-war, chewing.  They're not as cute as a stuffed animal toy, but on the other hand, there are no plastic eyes or noses-- and no fascinating, flimsy appendages-- for her to focus in on and try to chew off.

- - - - - -

I'm also slowly crocheting a new pillow cover.  It will be a lot like this one I made in 2012, but maybe somewhat larger.  The pattern was originally intended to make a pot holder (from thread), but it works fairly well as a round pillow front covered in "petals".  (The back, I kept plain last time, and I think I'll do the same again.  Saves a lot of yarn-- not to mention time.) 

I'm using easy-care acrylic-- Pound of Love in "Antique White", which is their version of cream.  Together with one of my favorite hooks-- the 4.0mm size Tulip Etimo Rose-- this is working out to be a very pleasant (if repetitive) project.  I love the repetition, honestly.  It's ideal for "don't make me think" crocheting.  When it's done, I think this will go on the bed, where the other round petal pillow resides. 

Photos next time, I hope.