Skip to main content

Mysteryghan Progress & More!


Still knitting away at the Billowy Delight scarf-- very slowly, because it's not the most exciting thing to do.   (No photo, but you're not missing out on much.  It looks the same as last time, just maybe a little longer.)

- - - - -

Still keeping up with the Art Deco Mysteryghan.

Every Friday there's a new clue, and so far it hasn't been difficult to finish one clue before the next one comes.  I had to force myself to do part of this week's clue, though.  Four blocks worked side to side (instead of in rounds).  I am not a fan of working side to side.  "Round and round we go" is so much more fun!  Especially when you have to crochet an edging into those rough sides.  I think they came out ok, though. Maybe a little wobbly in spots. but that'll even out after joining.

Here come a couple of photos, so if you're avoiding spoilers for Clues 2 and 3, don't scroll down!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok, you've been warned.  ;o)


Here are my pieces from CLUE 2:



And from CLUE 3:


I changed the two-color hexagons slightly.  Instead of following the pattern, I used the instructions for the single-color hexagons, because I prefer that look.  (Alternating fpdc with plain dc shows off the texture to better effect than using mostly fpdc, imho.)

The peach and "harvest gold" (probably not its actual name) still look kind of clashy to me, but I think that as long as I don't let them touch, it'll be ok.  (I'm good at convincing myself that even strange color schemes "work".  As long as I'm satisfied, who else will care?)


I suspect that I will run out of one or two of my colors before the end of the project, and one of them is a discontinued (vintage) yarn.  Still, they're only peach and teal.  Shouldn't be too hard to find a reasonable substitute for either of those colors.

- - - - - 

The "Hypno-Cushion" is finished!

I'm excited to scratch it off my current WIP list, but the cushion-cover itself only rates a "meh".  It's ok, but not a real beauty.  (The mustard in the pillow beside it in the photos isn't helping.  Those two will not be next-door neighbors...)  It'll be used somewhere.

Hypnocushion

Hypnocushion

- - - - - 

I'd like to keep up-to-date with the Mysteryghan clues and continue to chisel away at the WIP list, but I think, with the progress of the past month or two, I've earned the right to start a new WIP-- so I am! 


"Old-Fashioned" 
(the "working title" ;o))

--It will be an old-fashioned granny square afghan.  Each square will be at least 3 or 4 rounds (not exactly sure yet) and will not have a round of single crochet around its edge. 

--The joining method will be JAYGO, but I may work up a bunch of complete squares and then join them with "fill-in-the-blank" squares, later on.  (That way, the color distribution can be tweaked later in the project.) 

--This will be a "scrap-stash"-busting project.  As such, it will probably take a while to finish.  (Have to wait for that scrap-stash basket to fill up, every so often.) Worsted-weight acrylic yarn and a size G hook. 


I'm looking forward to working on a true granny square afghan!  (The last scrap-buster didn't feel like a real granny square afghan-- probably because the squares were so small and were all edged in sc...)  I love scrap-busting projects!