Skip to main content

Slip Slip Slip Stitching is a Snore

It's taking two forevers to join the "Ugly-Cute" afghan.  At least, it feels like it's taking that long.  All the squares are joined in one direction, and now I'm joining along the other direction.

I thought this second phase of the joining would go faster, since I wouldn't have to stop to arrange the next column of squares, handle loose pieces, make sure each square was facing the right direction, etc.-- just pick the joining color and start stitching.  Maybe I am going faster, but it definitely doesn't feel that way.  It's probably mostly down to the fact that there are more rows than columns, and even if the rows are shorter, that's still a lot of slip stitching!

I'm eager to get all the boring joining done so I can work on a border instead!

Here's a WIP photo, wrong side facing:

Scrapghan Joining

- - - - - - -

I noticed, while slip stitching, that the metal portion of my crochet hook (one of the Crochet Dude's rubbery handled type) was slowly rotating inside the rubber handle.  I can easily twist it back around to the orientation I want, but it eventually starts moving on its own again, which is frustrating.  I've swapped back to a polymer clay-handled hook, for now, but eventually I may see if I can pull the metal part completely loose and glue it back into place.  Just giving it a few tugs yielded no results.  I don't want to ruin it, but it's kind of annoying to use as it is.  Too bad they weren't manufactured in a way that would've prevented this issue...