Skip to main content

Slowly, Slowly

Well, I'm slowly (and I do mean slowly) making progress on some of the "open" projects listed in my last entry.

I worked some on the Summer Garden Secret, and could probably finish it in an evening, if I'd just make myself.  (Note to self:  Make yourself.)  I need to pre-wash before I can do the very last bit, though.  Maybe I'll remember to do that this afternoon, when the regular laundry is done.

I weaved in ends on the six motifs already crocheted for the Hypno-Cushion.

I sewed the floral embellishments onto the Rusty French market bag.  Need to photograph it, but I think it's done!  (One item checked off my list!)

  - - - - - - -

I'm within sight of the end of the Regency Ruffles scarf.  It's long enough that I could just bind off and call it done, but I like long scarves, and there's so very little of one of the balls... (I'm holding two strands of laceweight together, and one ball is significantly smaller than the other.)  I'll keep knitting until I use up what's left, stopping when it looks like there's just enough for a comfortable, worry-free bind-off. 

I've been working on that scarf (Helix Scarf pattern) for so long-- since right after Christmas-- that it will feel strange when it's no longer there to work on.  I've worked on it for so long that I went right through the "ugh, no more!" phase into the realm of "I can't imagine my (knitting) life without it!"  (g)

There should be a name for this phenomenon...  Scarfholm Syndrome, perhaps?  You work on something for what feels like for-ev-er.  You eventually start to resent it, because you'd rather move on to something else, but this thing is holding your precious craft time hostage!  But you keep trudging along, until eventually you start to enjoy it again.  It's been there so long... It's so familiar... You don't even have to think about the pattern any more: your hands move by instinct.  It's always there-- an easy project to pick up and mindlessly, effortlessly knit or crochet.  And now that you really are finally nearing the project's end, you are vaguely troubled.  What will you do without it?

...Or you just jump for joy and move on (with a smile) to the next project in line.  ;o) 

- - - - - - -

My craft time has been decreased by this little ball of fluff:

Luna

This is Luna, our little Eskie pup.  :o)

We got her at the end of January, on the spur of the moment.  Saw the ad in the morning, drove hours both ways, and had her home that night.  We'd been looking for an Eskie puppy in reasonable driving distance for months and months, so we didn't want to risk missing this opportunity.  (My maternal grandmother had been wanting an Eskie puppy, too, so we also brought home one of Luna's brothers.  They kept one another company on the long drive home. :o)) 

She's a cutie, but already a handful!  She's keeping me busy-- not only with satisfying her demands for attention, but also with cleaning up after her and trying to guide her through the first baby-steps of house-training.  I live for the day when the puddles in "her" room (the emptied, puppy-proofed dining room) will be a thing of the past, and she can be trusted in the rest of the house without constant, unwavering supervision.  In the meantime, we're taking it a puddle day at a time.