Skip to main content

How Very Neat!

I'm one of those people who don't have a smart phone.  My cell phone is a no-frills, mostly-for-emergencies affair-- but I still think this is such a really neat and fun idea.

Someone on Ravelry posted a photo of a knitted QR code (one of those weird-looking, pixelated squares of black and white dots that you can scan with a smart phone).  Better yet, it works.  (As in, you can scan it with a smart phone and get sent to the intended URL.)

A quick pattern search reveals that this isn't the first time someone thought of doing that, but it's the first I'd heard/seen of it.

If I knew a self-confessed computer nerd someone who'd be sure to appreciate the humor, I'd be tempted to make them a pillow or something with a code pointing to his/her favorite website... The only person who comes to mind (not necessarily a computer nerd, but someone who might think it was funny) doesn't have a fancy phone, either, though...

Still, a neat idea, and I just can't get over the fact that it works!