Skip to main content

Button, Button

I'm to the point on the Nostalgia Neck Warmer (after a lot of trying to decide how long to make it-- I ended up adding a little extra length-- and fussing over how to make the buttonholes) of needing to choose the buttons for it.

All the ends are woven in.  I just need to choose the buttons... and sew them on.  (Unless I decide to block it first... Thing is, it's acrylic, and I don't think acrylic "grows" with blocking, does it?  Maybe I'll try, anyway... Because it might affect where I need to sew the buttons... )

I need four buttons-- four of a kind, because I'm not feeling kooky enough for mix-and-match.  I have a variety of polymer clay buttons that I think will work.  Here are (most of) the styles I've narrowed it down to, so far:

Options...

It's always so hard to make a decision!  (But I want to decide so I can go ahead and finish it...)

Meanwhile, I've cast on my next knitting project.  It's my first time knitting with laceweight yarn!  (Eeee!)  I think it's going to take me forever and a day to finish, but that's ok.  There's no rush.

Here's the yarn I'm using:

New Knitting Project

It's Knit Picks Shadow in "Snorkel", and I'm using it to make the Strangling Vine Lace Scarf, which looks a lot harder than it is (I hope).

I was going to be using the needles in the photo, but what with one thing and another, I'm using a different pair, which is probably good, since those needles were so close in color to the yarn. 

I'm also planning to start crocheting a new doily soon.  Should be fun to crochet a doily again.  It's been a while since the last one.