Skip to main content

Back with Photos!

As promised!  ;o)

First, apologies for the quality of the photos.  The light is sub-par this morning, but I wanted to act while I was in the mood.

Ok, let's start with the Very Vintage V-Stitch Rippleghan!

Very Vintage V-Stitch Ripple, In Progress

Very Vintage V-Stitch Ripple, In Progress


Very Vintage V-Stitch Ripple, In Progress


The last photo shows the afghan's current size. I still have many rows to go to get the length I want.

Also, as you can see, I'm leaving the tails loose.  The v-stitch is so open, I think that attempting to crochet over them or otherwise hide them inside the blanket wouldn't work well enough (to my liking).  Instead, I'll crochet over them at the end, when I single crochet along the two long sides of the afghan.  You could also put fringe along those two sides, but that's a lot of fringe... (g)

Next up, my current knitting project, the One Row Lace Scarf (aka Drizzled Chocolate Scarf):

Drizzled Chocolate Scarf


(Again, not the best photo, but it gets the point across.)


It's fun to knit a row or two, then stop and think to myself, "Wow!  I'm knitting!" (g)  Sure, it's a super-simple pattern, but it's still knitting.  I'm on my way to being able to say I can crochet and knit.  (Until I learn to purl, it would feel like a lie, so I can't say it quite yet.)

And finally, a sneak peek at my current crochet secret project:


At first glance, it almost looks like I'm making one of these.  I promise you, I'm not.  (Not quite my style, I'm afraid.)  But while I can tell you what it's not, I can't tell you what it is, yet.  Sorry! ;o)  Sometime after December 25th...