Skip to main content

Interesting Books for Stitchers and Button-Lovers

Woo, fell of the face of the Earth for a while there, but I think I'm back, now. ;o)

So, maybe you received some cash over the holidays and you're looking for a way to spend it. No? Sorry 'bout that. . . Anyway, I've still found a few fun books while wandering around Amazon, and I thought I'd share.



Button It Up, by Susan Beal
This one won't be released until March, but that's not so far off. As you may have guessed by the title, it's about buttons. (I'm sort of obsessed with buttons-- have been ever since I started making them out of polymer clay-- and even before that I was semi-smitten with them.) The blurb says this book "details 80 fashionable projects including bold and beautiful pendants, rings, bracelets, necklaces, brooches, earrings, and more. Also included are instructions for an eye-catching assortment of accessories and housewares, from bookmarks and keychains to purses, market totes, and embellished curtains. Readers will find fun sections on vintage button history and culture." Sounds like fun!



Doodle Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners, by Aimee Ray
I don't really see myself getting into heavy-duty embroidery-- not any time soon, at least-- but I think this style of "doodle" embroidery is charming, and I like the looks of the cover. . . (There are so many pretty books out there!)



The Button Maker: 30 Great Techniques and 35 Stylish Projects, by Sarah Beaman.
(Yes, it's another button book. I told you: obsession.) The Amazon reviews for this one (though there are only two of them) leave me intrigued. I already make buttons from polymer clay (as I mentioned before), but it sounds like this book could open up all kinds of new button-making possibilities!



Pretty Little Pincushions, by Lark Books
Pincushions = another obsession. I think this is one I browsed in a store a few months ago. If so, it looked like a good source for cute pincushion designs-- particularly if you're new to making pincushions.

I could go on, but maybe that's enough temptation for one day. ;o)