Skip to main content

Restless

There's not much to show from the past several days, craft-wise.

The Catherine wheel scarf grows row by row-- but slowly.  (Note to self:  It's not too soon to dye the yarn for the edging so it'll be dry and ready to use by the time I need it.)

While sorting fabric during the reorganization, I came up with a few more scraps for the "Crumb Box", so I treated myself to some more crumb block sewing.  That was fun, but before long it became evident that I need a greater variety of crumbs.  The blocks are starting to all look alike!  I can space them out in the final quilt design, of course, but they're more fun to sew when there are plenty of options.

Here are the fifteen I've completed so far (the new ones with the old):

Crumb Blocks

Yesterday, I took out the watercolor supplies and spent some time playing.  No photos from that, yet, but soon. 

I'm feeling restless lately-- not sure where to place my focus.  There are a variety of crochet/knitting projects already in progress.  The string quilt blocks can be sewn together any time, now (once I settle on a layout).  I'd still like to make a sewing machine cover, too!  There's no denying that I could use more practice with the watercolors, as well.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg-- but it seems to be one of those times when it's difficult to settle down and do something.

Oh, well.  This too shall pass. ;o)
In the meantime, enjoy this photo Donald took of Luna:

Luna