Skip to main content

Amigurumi

I finished the amigurumi trio this afternoon, and since the recipient is two years old and unlikely to see this blog, anyway... ;o)  ...Why not go ahead and "unveil" them?

I've made all three patterns before-- for my niece, Clarabel-- so I knew more or less what to expect.  Except.  It's been a while, so it was pretty much seeing them for the first time.

First came the turtle.
It's still kind of a tedious thing to make, but I liked my results much better, this time.  The legs are a pain to crochet, but that's not the worst of it.  The part I like least is positioning and seaming together all those little pieces!  But-- when you get him finished, he's so small!  He's so cute!  You almost forget what a mess he was to make.

Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Aw.  He reminds me of the teensy baby turtle Donald and I found on a walk, a few years ago.  He fit in the palm of a hand!  (We picked him up to move him off the trail.  He was so small and blended in so well that he'd have been easy to accidentally crush, if someone else had come along after us.)

101/365 - Baby Turtle

Second came the snake.
A snake is about the easiest amigurumi project possible.  Because it is amigurumi, though, your hands will get sore from the tight gauge and the never-ending spiral around and around and around and AAAAAAAH!  Well, maybe that was just me. 

Amigurumi

Amigurumi

To round things out, I needed a third, so I settled on the duck.
It's a pretty fast toy to make.  Not quite so many pieces, since the tail is just a continuation of the main body, and there are no legs.

Amigurumi

Amigurumi

And here they are all together!   Now they've been photographed, wrapped, and blogged!
Time to decide where to focus next...

Amigurumi