Skip to main content

Day 26 of 30 Days of Knitting

Day 26:  Have you ever been a part-- or wanted to be a part-- of a knit-along (KAL)?  What was it?  If not, why?

I may have considered joining a CAL (crochet-along) once or twice, but I don't recall the particulars-- and in the end, I decided not to or just forgot about it.  I like the idea of a KAL or CAL, but so far I just haven't felt compelled to join one.  This is partly because I usually already have projects going and don't want to set them aside in order to start something new.  Also, I'm not sure I'd like feeling the pressure to keep up with the group/meet the deadline.

I don't know... I guess I ought to try one, sometime.  If I do, it will probably be a CAL instead of a KAL, because my knitting pace is pretty slow.  With a CAL, I know I could keep up with everyone else, but I'm afraid I'd end up feeling left behind with a KAL.  On the other hand, maybe attempting to keep up with the group would be just the kick in the pants I need to pick up my knitting pace.  ;o)