Skip to main content

More of the Same

Another blog post, another photo of the slowly growing collection of "Tall Tale" blocks! 

Yes, still working on those book blocks.  I think I've decided to make another column of seven blocks (per quilt)-- and that's in addition to the six blocks remaining to reach the original goal of forty-nine.  There should be plenty of time, but I'm still eager to finish so I can start something new without feeling guilty.  

So, here's that latest photo of the design wall (where I'm running out of room!):  

And the new batch of block kits ready to go:

And in between, there's progress on the tray of bonus mini HSTs from the last finished quilt top.  The tray of stitched HSTs is slowly filling up. 

Other little things happening around here: Donald's recovering from a painful case of strep throat, we killed a brown widow at our back door (and I think there are at least two others in need of "elimination"), and I'm so tired of summertime heat.  I just hope autumn temperatures aren't as late this year as they were in 2019.  

One day last week, one of the farms nearby had a visit from the crop duster.  When the plane is turning around to make another pass over those fields, it sometimes ends up going right over us.  I didn't hurry out to film right away, but it was still coming fairly close when I went out to look.