Skip to main content

Finished: Crochet Grocery Bag

I finally finished the mesh bag I started crocheting back in August.  I had trouble with the pattern, back then. (Apparently.  I don't remember much about it, but my project notes on Ravelry don't paint a picture of pattern love.)  So by the time I got to the part where I needed to crochet the handles/straps, I  was not in the mood.  I put it aside and let it wait for, oh, seven moths or so.

Turns out the handles took hardly any time at all (though I'll never enjoy crocheting into the chain, and the straps do require some of that).

Here it is, toting six balls of size 10 crochet thread:

Crochet Mesh Bag


And again, this time with three large cans:

Crochet Mesh Bag


I felt more confident carrying the thread than those heavy cans, but supposedly the bag can handle it.

I don't know when/if I'll ever use this bag, since I'm not likely to use it for grocery shopping.  (I don't do food shopping on a regular, nearly-daily basis, so when I do, I buy lots... and it would be somewhat awkward to bring and load up that many re-usable bags.  I know, I know-- Mother Earth ought to take me across her knee and give me a good old-fashioned spanking.  Oh well.  I do either recycle or re-use the shopping bags I get from the store.)

You could use it to carry yarn... but it's less than ideal for needles, hooks, small scissors, etc. that could fall through the bag.

Well, at least it's done!  :o)